Lost & Found
ANIMAL CONTROL SERVICES
AHeinz57 is partnering with the City of De Soto, the City of Waukee and the City of Perry to directly take in stray animals and work to reunite pets with their owners.
When an animal is brought to us, we will scan it for a microchip and immediately call the owner if chipped. If the animal is not chipped, we will post a photo on our main Facebook page and our AHeinz57 Missing Mutts Facebook page.
Per municipal code, a lost animal will be held for:
- De Soto – 7 days
- Waukee – 10 day
- Perry – animal is held at the city pound for 7 days prior to transfer to AHeinz57.
At the end of the stray hold period, unclaimed animals will be placed for adoption through AHeinz57 Pet Rescue & Transport.
HOW DO I RECLAIM MY PET?
Due to COVID-19, owners should call 515-834-1157 to schedule an appointment to come to the AHeinz57 facility, located at 4002 Ash Street, De Soto, IA 50069, to reclaim the pet. Appointments may be scheduled weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You will be required to show proof of current rabies vaccination for your animal at the time of reclaim, or you will be required to prearrange a vaccination before your pet is returned.
Because our facility is set up differently from most animal control facilities, we have additional fees for additional vet care that is mandatory in our facility. If your pet is not spayed or neutered, we will alter your pet after the applicable stray hold expires and place them for adoption.
Fee Schedule for Reclaiming:
- Impound fee: $50 for the first impound, $75 for the second impound, $100 for the third and subsequent impounds.
- $15.00 Rabies vaccine
- $15.00 Vaccinations (distemper/parvo/bordetella)
- $10.00 Frontline
- $35.00 Heartworm test and one monthly prevention
- $150.00 Spay fee / $100.00 Neuter fee
- $15.00 Boarding fee per day
- $40.00 Microchip fee
- $7.50 Processing fee
- PLEASE NOTE: You MUST pay the applicable city fees prior to reclaiming your pet. Please contact that city clerk’s office.
HAVE YOU FOUND A STRAY PET?
If you have found a stray animal, you may call:
- City of De Soto (515-834-2233)
- City of Waukee (515-978-7979)
- City of Perry (515-465-4636)
- Out of City Limits or After hours Dispatch (515-993-4567)