Step 1: Adoption Application
- -Fill out an online adoption application. This is not a binding contract.
-If you have a specific animal in mind or would like help identifying a suitable match, the completion of the application starts this conversation.
- Please be aware that we do background checks for applicants applying for bully breeds and reserve the right to refuse an applicant with any type of assault or abuse charges on their record.
- All applications go through a verification process before moving on to Step 2.
- To speed up the process:
- Vet Record Verification: please supply us with a copy of your vet records (current vaccinations) and verification that your pet was spayed or neutered.
- Landlord/HOA Verification: You will need to provide a letter from your landlord or HOA on their letterhead that you are allowed to have pets, how many pets you can own, and if there are breed and weight restrictions. NOTE: ESA issues are strictly between you and your Landlord/HOA!
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL WE RECEIVE THIS INFORMATION
-Please understand that at times we receive multiple applications for the same dog. Our volunteers work tirelessly to ensure the best fit for each dog.
Step 2: Meet and Greet
-Once your application is verified, an adoption coordinator will be in touch as quickly as possible to discuss next steps.
-The adoption coordinator can answer any questions you have about the dog and our process, and they will connect you with the foster volunteer to set up a meet and greet.
-We require a meet and greet with ALL human and furry residents of the home to ensure we are finding the best fit for everyone.
Step 3: Home Visit
-A virtual home visit is mandatory prior to any dog adoption.
-After a successful meet and greet, a home visit volunteer will schedule a time for a home check.
-Home visits are not meant to be intrusive. The goal of a visit is to see where our adoptees will live and give adopters a chance to know us better.
-The most important thing for us is to know that our animals are going to homes best suited for them and that all members of the family are prepared for a lifelong commitment to their new companion.
Step 4: Happy Tail!
-After a successful meet and greet and home visit, we schedule an adoption!
-All dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped, heartworm tested (adult dogs), up-to-date on age appropriate vaccinations, and monthly flea/tick/heartworm preventatives.
-All cats are spayed/neutered, microchipped, FIV/FeLV tested (adult cats), up-to-date on age appropriate vaccinations, and monthly flea/tick preventatives.
$300: Puppies (up to 6 months)
$195: Dogs age 6 months – 2 years
$195: Dogs age 2 years – 7 years
$100: Senior dogs (age 8+)
$200: Bonded Buddies
$100: Kittens (up to 6 months)
$150: 2 Kittens
$60: Adult Cats (6 months and older)
$90: 2 Adult Cats
**AHeinz57 retains the right to refuse any adoption for any reason.
**You MUST be at least 21 years old to adopt from AHeinz57.
**Please note that AHeinz57 does NOT have outdoor dogs or cats for adoption. Our animals have been acclimated to live in homes with families, the garage doesn’t count. Our mission is always for the best welfare of the animal.